Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 15 Msgs - 03/08/04

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 15 Msgs - 03/08/04
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:42:17

>>Its a fungus and it lives in the interface between fuel and water,
>>another reason to drain drain and drain the tank when its hot and humid.
>>I have decontaminated the tanks on an F27 once by flooding the tank with
>>turpentine which kills it.
>>Additives can be had to prevent against attacks.
>>
>>Alex
>>

>Alex
>This is just the sort of thing worth learning about, thanks for that.
>Where would one look to buy the additives?
>Graham

If you live in an area where this fungus may pose a problem you should
be able to get it from your fuel supplier.
It is so long ago I last saw the product I dont remember the name but
it is a fungicide and comes with elaborate mixing instructions- some
have a contraption to allow the application directly in the refuel hose.
I know this fungus lives on jet fuel, but not if it is the same that may
live in gasoline/petrol...
Hope it helps somehow,

Alex