Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 20:56:12

In a message dated 3/4/2004 3:54:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
europajim@juno.com writes:

Hi Jim,

> It will be nice to compare the three of
> us.  One mono, one tri gear and one conventional gear.  I hope the WX
> will cooperate for the flight.

Yes, I'll be curious to see how the fuel consumption turns out! Usually,
around here that time of year we tend to have the scattered "popcorn" late
afternoon t-storms. Usually easy to see and steer around.

>     I assume there are accommodations close by.

Yes, there are a number of motels and eateries close by. No Hilton's or
Marriotts, but clean, modest accommodations are 5-7 miles from the field. I can

give you numbers and descriptions of the local motels if you'd like. Doug is
supposed to have his mini-van available as an airport shuttle. Also, I've got a

Pathfinder and Doug and I both drive F-250 Crew Cabs, so we'll be able to
shuttle those who don't camp at the field.

  What are the times > for the get together??

We're winging it. Since we operate a glider club out of the field, good
weather means we'll be towing all day from about noon on. At this point I can
say

we'll certainly do a cookout Saturday evening, maybe even home made ice cream.

Perhaps we'll meet for Sunday breakfast somewhere. Suggestions?

> Should we refuel at the Co. airport just south of you?

Marion County Airport, (APT) about 16 NM SW does have fuel. If you'd like to
see the length of the Sequatchie Valley, Crossville (CSV) has the cheapest
fuel around. I can also give you the Lat and Long of a couple of nice waterfalls

along the way. Last time I checked CSV's 100LL was about $2.15/gal. when
everybody else was running about $2.40 - $2.50/gal. Their sectionals are cheap
too.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN