RE: Europa-List: Finishing and Painting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Finishing and Painting
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:47:56
 01/24/2004 10:48:01 PM,
        Serialize complete at 01/24/2004 10:48:01 PM

Hi Ira,
Did you use the primer that came with the Imron or UV Smooth Prime or
both?
Troy Maynor
N120EU Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Paint,interior,engine install, wiring.

Hi Troy,
We went with the dupont system on top of superfil.
No water-based stuff.  Maybe its just anectdotes but I heard too many bad
stories about the water-based products.
I hired out the sanding, filling and painting to Johnny's Autobody in
Lakeland.
They did a spectacular job.  I highly recommend them.
And. . . . . they did the whole job in only 3-4 weeks!
Since I commute from New York to Florida to work on the plane,
I could not see myself spend six months sanding.

Ira