RE: Europa-List: ELT Questions

Subject: RE: Europa-List: ELT Questions
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:34:17

You need it to be legal so mount the useless thing anywhere that it helps
with CG and use a "handheld" 406 MHz Personal Locator Beacon so you can
actually get the search and rescue folks to start looking for you within
minutes (or a couple of hours at worst) instead of a day or two after the
event with 121.5 beacons.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070