Re: Europa-List: Electric flap servo?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electric flap servo?
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:21:00

Agreed. Although with electric flaps there is no need to take off with full
flap and therefore more flap for landing should feasible. As you'll know,
the matter was written up in an early Factory Newsletter.
---From memory, the optimum for landing was in excess of 30 degrees; less than
that and there was not a large amount of additional drag. Which is the
problem I have.

Duncan.