Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 Carburettor Heat Kit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912 Carburettor Heat Kit
From: Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 00:13:38

I'm also considering a flap in the cold air NACA vent, being now convinced
that under cowl air etc temps. are sufficient to prevent carb icing.
However,  the problem is that the walls of the vent are not vertically
parallel so that when the flap is trimmed to fit the floor of the duct (in
the open position) it is then too small to cover the duct in the closed
position; it leaves a large (c1/4") gap around the edges of the flap when
closed. Maybe some thin and flexible "wiper" material attached around the
edge of the flap would; but what?

Duncan McF.