Re: Europa-List: Flying with European Europa in USA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flying with European Europa in USA
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:40:32

Good morning Klaus,

I think that you are in for a world of different flying. You might want to
come up with a rough flight plan for your route and then maybe some of the local

Europa members can let you in on the B&B's in that area. If you get near the
northern California region and need a bed or breakfast we always allow fellow
Europa flyers the use of our spare bedroom and workshop if the need arises.
Keep an up to date list of the Europa Emergency services directory with you.

As per flying your aircraft in the USA. You have to contact the local
Regional Office of the Flight Services District Office of the FAA to get a
"Special

Flight Authorization" in order to fly your aircraft in US airspace. And since
it's a German built and registered aircraft and you are a German certified
pilot, you will not need any further pilot authorization. I think that you might

look up Rule 91.715 on the FAA website for complete info.

I believe that there is an FAA office in Frankfurt that you can make the
application to before you make the trip as the government red tape may be long
and
take time.
US Domestic Address:
 International Address:
Federal Aviation Administration
 Federal Aviation Administration
Frankfurt IFO EA-33
     Frankfurt IFO EA-33
Rhein Main Air Base, Bldg. 7, Unit 7580
Rhein Main Air Base, Bldg. 7
APO AE 09050
     60549 Frankfurt Am Main

               Germany
Office Telephone: [+49]+(0)69-69-7050
Office Fax: [+49]+(0)69-69-705-150

Good luck.

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
530 247-7480
XS Conventional Gear
Cockpit module installed, tailplane torque tube in place, & landing gear
frame installed.