Europa-List: Wiring in G-OWWW

Subject: Europa-List: Wiring in G-OWWW
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:57:45

These are my figures

I actually bought more in most cases and these figures are the result of
subtracting any balance remaining from the amount I bought :-)

4AWG : 20 feet
10AWG : 21 feet
12AWG : 7 feet
14AWG : 4 feet
18AWG : 1 foot
20AWG : 42 feet
22AWG : 96 feet

18AWG single plus screen : 10 feet (mag cables) *
20AWG single plus screen : 19 feet
22AWG single plus screen : 32 feet

22AWG twin plus screen : 10 feet (overhead headset) *
22AWG triple plus screen : 10 feet (overhead headset) *

RG400 screened antenna, better quality for TXPDR : 12 feet
RG58AU screened antenna : 25 feet *

* means that it was a bit tight and I should have bought and used a little
more

If I did it again I would use lots less 10AWG and use doubled up 14AWG
instead as it fits in connectors better.

I would use 16AWG for mags if I did it again

I used four different AMP connectors for the major connection to the panel
plus some other inline connectors at each component.

I used screened cable to keep positive and earth together for runs to the
rear - fuel pump, fuel gauge, flaps, ptt x 2, strobes, stall warner

Richard