Europa-List: Faulty scales

Subject: Europa-List: Faulty scales
From: Moore Dave <Dave.Moore@lr.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:56:07

Thank you Jeremy, thank you Ron, for bringing the problem of "sticking"
scales to our attention.  I, too, have found it happening with my Ohaus
CS200 digital scales.

A tip for getting around it, when adding resin / hardener with syringes,
is to tap the rim of the cup gently with the tube on the syringe as you
get to the last few drops stage.  It seems to 'un-stick' the scales.

I now have a routine for adding the last few tenths of a gram of
hardener or resin, of:  'drop' - 'tap' - 'drop' - 'tap' .........

Dave Moore

Monowheel #550
Just starting...
Aberdeen, UK.