Europa-List: Baggage bay angle

Subject: Europa-List: Baggage bay angle
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:58:20

What is the normal angle of the deck in the baggage bay? The manual picture
shows it angled but approximately how much?   Tried to make it level but the
front lips don't over lap when I do. Then I set the angle so when the hatch way

cover is installed the bottom of that is level. Or parallel to the slope of
the floor of the canoe? The one thing I kept constant is the gap between the
torque tube and the rear edge of the bay. Or does it not matter as long as the

bay does not interfere with the torque tube?

"Trial fit the bulkhead in place and measure the height of the ribs. Cut out
the ribs approximately 3 mm (1/8") less in height then the measured figure and

22 cm (8") long." Page 28-14 Issue 2

What the heck? Translated:
Arbitrarily measure a distance from zero to infinity whatever you pick is
wrong. Subtract 1/8", well approximately 1/8" could be a 1/16" could be a 1/4"
OK
well.... Pick some fraction in relation to nothing and the subtract that. One
thing for sure it's 8" long.... I think.... Start cutting.     : )

Thanks, SteveD.