Europa-List: Stupid question

Subject: Europa-List: Stupid question
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 17:55:04

Dan and others at this stage, I wrote a modified procedure for this operation as
well as the bonding in of the rear bulkhead and the pitch tube containment
bulkhead
many years ago.  I am sure it is the archives.  To summarize I would follow
what Steve H. has outlined in his message in addition to this and for the
other tasks listed above I would ensure that before bonding in the bulkheads
or bushings to first Cleco on the top fuselage.  My fuselage like many others
had a twist in the lower half.  As it turns out with the top fasten securely
the twist is removed.  So word to the wise, put the top on first (temporarily).
I know it is a lot of work to prepare for this but it has to be done anyways
at some point in time.  If you don't and you go to all the trouble to make the
torque tube level and without any fore/aft sweep with the top off and you in
fact had a twist in the lower fuselage you guessed it.  It will no longer be
level and will have a little sweep.  This is because
  the twist is like a corkscrew.  I found out the hard way as I was directed by
the factory to go ahead and leave the twist in.  What a mistake.  Anyway, hope
this helps.

Erich Trombley
A028