Europa-List: RE: Stupid Questions

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Stupid Questions
From: Dan Bish <danbish@norwalktucson.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 21:16:09

Well, as this thread seems to fit my questions here goes:

First, just starting a partially completed kit and working on the tailplane
torque-tube.
In the manual it says "to verify that the pilot holes previously drilled
in the tailplane fairings are correctly positioned, then drill through with
a 2" diameter hole saw." (Chap. 18- Page 3).

Well, since it says that the measurement should be FS169.5 I went looking for
what
that meant. Seems that measurement is from the front face of the cowl (1-12).
Now I'm sure I'm not the only one without the cowl on at this stage of building
so how do I go about verifying this measurement. Yes, there are markings
there and I should probably just trust them. Just looking for where to drill
the holes.

Next, in measuring the dimension of the spot forward of the rear bulkhead, just
in front of the t/p fairings, the manual says (18-2) that it should measure 5
3/16" but mine's at 4". Is this something that gets worked out later down the
road, say when the fuselage top goes on? Or should I insert a spacer and try
to get it to expand?

Any help you can send my way is greatly appreciated. Glad to be building but
just
getting started and a bit tentative about it at this stage. Thanks!

Dan Bish
A144 - N914RB
Tucson, AZ