RE: Europa-List: 914 Heater

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 914 Heater
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:21:33

I decided on this approach after clearing it with Neville.  A small
deflector is hinged into the airflow to deflect hot air into a SCAT tube
connected to a flange mounted onto the aluminum duct when I want cabin heat.

Why are you concerned about OVERcooling, or did you mean overHEATing?.
Impeding the airflow over the heat exchangers would cause the coolant
temperature to rise not decrease, and when you want heat in the cabin the
OAT is usually low enough that cooling the engine is not a problem.

I think I can restrain myself from using cabin heat while climbing out of
Palm Springs in August ;-)

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Europa XS Tri-Gear A070