Europa-List: Peel Ply on Root Rib

Subject: Europa-List: Peel Ply on Root Rib
From: Ronald J. Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 02:45:57

Into reinforcement of the root rib/spar.

Manual tells you to "REMOVE PEEL PLY"

To this point I have only seen Peel Ply in Bright Green and there was some White
tapes. I also purchased some 1 and 2 inch white precut tapes.

Well the Peel Ply on the Root Rib looks an awful lot like glass. It does have a
few
red threads in it.

I guess everyone out there except us knows that red threads in a perfect lay-up
means
that there is peel ply in there.

If someone is as foolish as builders of A-265, then they too will be sanding on
the
peel ply.

Finished scuffing the forward rib, and when got to the rear of the root rib,
there
was
the smallest of small wrinkles, went at it and sure enough it was in fact peel
ply.

Feel foolish that spent 20 minutes sanding peel ply till discovery. I saw these
perfect 3 red thin threads and just kinda sortta put them in category of thin
guide
lines, like on the fuse.

Has everyone removed the peel ply in all 3 areas on each root rib?

Feeling foolish in Kings Park
Ron Parigoris