Re: Europa-List: Wing tie downs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing tie downs
From: ivor.phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 18:15:48

 Hi Steve
I obtained some 2 inch aluminium angle , this fits perfectly between the two
central ribs uptight to the central spar, this was tapped to take  a screw
eye for the tie down,
the screw eye is remove for flight, and a small plastic plug to seal the
opening in the lower wing is used,  I used two extra plies of uni between
the lower wing skin and the ali angle, with two plies above to the central
ribs
very little extra weight is added for the security of decent tie downs,

Ivor Phillips
486XS