Europa-List: replacement of the current Europa tyre

Subject: Europa-List: replacement of the current Europa tyre
From: Stanislav Švec <standa.svec@volny.cz>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:16:19

To all

On Denis Vories info page http://www.europa-usa.com/enhancements.htm  I can
read in chapter UNDERCARRIAGE:

The main wheel tire was changed to an inexpensive Mc Creary "Air Hawk"  8.00-6
6ply (ACS# 06-07928) with a 120 MPH load rating of 2050 lbs.  The tire looks
better
on the Europa, improves ground handling and increases prop clearance by
1 - 2 inches.  The brake caliper still had to be ground round at the corners to
provide new pad clearance from rubbing either tire even with the Europa revised
caliper plate installed.

Please, is anybody else installed this tyre? I would like to know before
ordering
this tyre by Spruce (76$), if the current existing tyre from Europa can be
replaced by this new one without other changes (on the wheel etc.). I don`t need
to change the tyre for better aircraft looking. I have on my airplane constant
speed Woodcomp propeller with diameter 67 inches and this is more as from
Europa recommended 64 inches. These 1 - 2 inches by  the new tyre could partly
help me to eliminate encreased risk of propeller strike.

Thanks very much for answers.

Stanislav, builder #438

=A9vec Stanislav

E-mail: standa.svec@volny.cz