Europa-List: Exhaust stub

Subject: Europa-List: Exhaust stub
From: paul stewart <pauld.stewart@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:37:44

The 914 engine installation says to TIG weld a stub into the tapered silencer
outlet
to allow the down pipe to clamped on. The silencer on my recently delivered
engine does not have a tapered outlet, rather a parallel sided on with 4 slits
on it. The piece of stub pipe is significantly smaller than the outlet and
will require a large amount of weld to fill the gap. In addition the slots in
the silencer outlet would appear to also need welding up as they are longer
than the stub. If this rambling means anything to anyone can you tell me if this
is a correct state of affairs.

Regards

Paul Stewart #432