Europa-List: Pulley Question

Subject: Europa-List: Pulley Question
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:30:17

> > I marked out the placement of the holes using the
> > measurements in the manual but they didn't look like the manual picture.
>Mike
>Seems you have the same dilemma as I did.  Indeed, it doesn't work out as
>per the manual if you have the same drawing in your manual as I.
>
>I am fairly sure you will have to pack out the pulley from the tunnel wall
>and this should leave enough room for the head of the bolt for the seat belt
>but I suggest it might be a good idea to confirm this with Nev at Europa.

Pulley placement;
Don't forget, the seat belt bolt must be well inside the area of the
reinforcement plate, Not near an edge. In a severe accident if the bolt
pulls out it could really ruin your day.

Inspection holes;
A year or three down the road you may well regret not putting in two good
sized inspection panels under the tank outlets. It is a real pain working
on the tank outlets which will sooner or later need maintenance.

Graham
BTW, "Blondie" has a very nice smile {;-)

---