Re: Europa-List: Glide ratios

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Glide ratios
From: irampil@notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:13:21
 09/02/2003 01:13:23 PM,
        Serialize complete at 09/02/2003 01:13:23 PM

I have recently purchased the new Garmin 3600 that works using an
integrated Palm PDA.  It appears to be an excellent EFIS/GPS inexpensive
color system.  I am needing the glide ratio so the 3600 can determine if I
am within gliding range of an airport.  My plane is a trike XS.

 This is going to be somewhat different for every builder depending on
finish, speed kit, prop type, feathering.
You'll have to measure your own.  With a speed kit and feathering prop, I
believe 20:1 should be within reason.
I have not measured mine yet.  Has anyone some personal data?

Ira   N224XS