Europa-List: Tailwheel

Subject: Europa-List: Tailwheel
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg@ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 18:03:12

My first entry so be gentle with me,

I am about to get some  soft CAD plating done on some steel parts. I notice the
tailwheel leg/spring has some light corrosion on it and it has never left the
workshop.
My dilemma is do I plate it or not, will plating embrittle and affect spring
qualities,
if indeed it is a spring?

I also just got the main ( Mono) leg painted in a chip resistant white, it made
the engine/ gear mount and Rudder pedal paintwork look amateur,( the rudder
pedal
paint came off with the masking tape factory wrapped around it), so I decided
to repaint. Cleaning it off with Nitromors it just ran off, with residual
wiped off with a cloth, no sign of surface prep or priming.
Anyone else repainted these items?

Regards Alan Twigg
Mono Motorglider G-GIWT