Europa-List: Aileron Fit

Subject: Europa-List: Aileron Fit
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:40:52

If it is not too much trouble, could someone measure the wingtip end of their
ailerons, as I'm having an alignment problem.

With the aileron lying flat on a table, my ailerons measure, 4.57cm/1.8" from
the leading edge of the lip that the hinges are mounted to, to the top of the
aileron. From that same hinge leading edge to the trailing edge I measure
17cm/ 6.93". And overall leading edge to trailing edge 20.6cm/8.125".

My problem arises when I mount the aileron in place using clecos, the
trailing edge of the aileron is 1.2cm/.475" short of the wingtip leading edge,
and
while the bottom surface of the aileron lines up the bottom surface of the
wingtip, the top surface is about .63cm/.250" lower across it's entire length
than

the wingtip top surface.

And this closely repeats on both port and starboard aileron. What am I doing
wrong?

Mike Duane A207
Redding, California
XS Trigear