Re: Europa-List: Torque Tube Bronze Bushing Tightness\Lubrication

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Torque Tube Bronze Bushing Tightness\Lubrication
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:15:56

Tony,

My bushes were a very good sliding fit- no play but once lubricated with
Aeroshell grease they had relatively low friction.  I wonder whether the pin
enlargement process has slightly distorted the torque tube and it is no
longer pefectly round?  This should show up as witness marks/shiny areas on
the tube if you rotate the bearings dry a few times.

Brian Davies kit 454