Europa-List: Terra radio

Subject: Europa-List: Terra radio
From: Frank Mycroft <frankm@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 23:10:16

For the last two years I have been having intermittent trouble with my Terra
transceiver.
Two local radio shops have found no fault and Free Flight Systems
in USA had it for repair but although it worked when first returned it soon went
on the blink again.  I have now stumbled on a chap in the UK who seems to have
found the root cause of the problem, which in my case was unreadable
transmission,
but not all the time.  He was able to experience the condition where
the radio worked perfectly and then for no apparent reason didn't, and then
found
a solution.  Certainly my radio has worked perfectly since I got it back from
him, although I have to say that I have not done a lot of flying since.  If
you are in the UK and having similar problems you might like to contact him.
He is Graham Laucht at grahamlaucht@blueyonder.co.uk  His charges, for an
intractable
problem, were reasonable.

Frank Mycroft     G-BWYD