Re: Europa-List: Static charges, etc

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Static charges, etc
From: J R \Bob\ Gowing <gowingjr@acr.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:03:51

To David Joyce - here is what I told Tony Renshaw -

See SAAA Const of Amateur Built Aircraft in Australia on page 43 -
Fuel Tank Bonding     "  ................Any metal filler necks or caps, in
nonmetallic rubber bladder or composite type tanks must also be bonded. A
bonding lug for attachment of the earthing lead on the refilling nozzle must
be provided adjacent to all tank openings and this must be connected to the
aircraft's bonding system."

I have mine soldered to the water drain pipe (inside the tank) and coming up
to the filler neck at this stage. It will be connected electrically to the
earthing
system.

J R (Bob) Gowing, Kit 327 in Oz