RE: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 15 Msgs - 05/21/03 Radio Transc

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Europa-List Digest: 15 Msgs - 05/21/03 Radio Transcievers.
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 14:59:59

Hi! Brian.
No need to apologise friend especially when it's you looking for help.
I understood your original request was for ICOM IC A200  and notice that you
are now referring to  ICOM AC 200 ? Don't suppose this is the "two stools"
we are all falling between?
Concerning the adjustments under the silver paper...... if the agents in
Wolverhampton can only tweak them to certain levels within the regulations
as per oscilloscope monitoring I guess that to regulate them "blind" may
incur the wrath of the Radio Agency. But I'm only a novice who it has been
suggested seems to "like bad news"!
A useful item to have within the scope of the radio is two channel
monitoring if you intend joining any group fly out events involving loose
formation flying. The unit Ivor mentioned has that facility, you may wish to
consider that since it would have been useful during our recent trip round
Ireland.
BTW ,Eddie Hatcher, thanks for the info which seems to substsntiate my
position somewhat.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG