Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS EGT

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 912ULS EGT
From: Nigel Charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 15:46:15

>in fact I would prefer 4 EGTs not two. The way the highest cylinder moves
around with changing throttle setting is amazing, Must be something to do
with the strange manifold shape. I suspect the Skydrive carb heater might
help to even out the mixture and help more balanced EGTs. Anyone know?<

I have not noticed this phenomenon but I also prefer 4 EGT's for a different
reason. If the engine should run rough or fail a magneto drop check,
monitoring the individual EGT's may show up which is the problem cylinder.
To achieve this I use a switch selector between the senders and the RMI
uMonitor. Up to now when I have checked the individual temperatures there
hasn't been a lot of difference but I will look more closely at the highest
cylinder on my next flight.

Nigel Charles