Re: Europa-List: EIS Coolant connection

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EIS Coolant connection
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:18:32

Karl,
        You did provide a ground for the thermocouple didn't you ???
I've done that when I installed my big alternator and did not provide a
good (big) ground to the engine mounting frame.  After that it worked
great.  Just like if you remote the oil sender.  You must ground the body
or it won't work. I remoted it to keep the vibration failures
nonexistent.  Early oil senders failed with engine vibration.  Check
other aircraft and see that they mount the oil pressure sender, fuel
pressure sender ect. on a manifold bolted to the fire wall and separate
---From the engine.

Jim Nelson