Re: Europa-List: Teflon 666 hose

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Teflon 666 hose
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:23:45

Paul,
I have researched the teflon option a little bit, and I know that there are
specific fittings for it. Go to http://www.speedflow.com.au/
Quote: "All Speedflow hose ends are reuseable type not only for convenience but
they are also more effective than crimp type as they mechanically clamp the
wire independant of the seal on the Teflon tube".
Series 200 hose is the Teflon type. Bloody expensive. One single end fitting
made up of 3 pieces was $50.00 AUD, and the equivalent JIC/AN fittings for
Bundy tube was $20.00 give or take. This cost does not include the flairing
tool, which is about $150 AUD from Spruce etc. , but by the time you make a
significant no of joints I'm sure the Bundy is the cheapest option.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Australia
P.S. Anyway, I wouldn't have anything with a 666 suffix in my plane -). The EGT
in the jet often hovers around this figure and I always go through my recalls.
:-)

choose what you want and give me a yell. I have a contact at a distributorship
of these products and can forward them on if you like.

Reg