RE: Europa-List: Overhead lighting

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Overhead lighting
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:02:39

Just a detail point on UK flying... Night VFR is legal in the UK - it's just
that PFA Permit aircraft (like Europas) are not currently allowed that
privilege - certified types only, in other words.

The same applies to IMC.

There have been rumours of the CAA considering allowing the PFA to recommend
aircraft for Permits which include night and/or IMC privileges. There's no
legal restriction to prevent this in the Air Navigation Order, it's just
that it hasn't been allowed for homebuilts to date.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey

Europa XS Monowheel 537M G-EZZA