Europa-List: Headsets and Hairstyles

Subject: Europa-List: Headsets and Hairstyles
From: Paddy Clarke <paddyclarke@lineone.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 14:08:13

Hi Folks,
            I have been pleased, and not a little suprised, in the extent to
which my good lady wife has enjoyed coming with me in the Europa on various
days out and about. One cloud on the horizon though. It seems that the
damage wearing one of my Pilot ANR headsets does to the hairstyle is
unacceptable.
            Does any one know of a suitable lightweight alternative,
possibly without a band going across the top of the head at all?. We used to
use a 'pinkie' moulded to fit in one ear, with a lightweight mike hanging
---From it, for a time on big aeroplanes. Is anything like this available in
the GA marketplace?
            I have seen sports commentators etc wearing a mike/phones
combination based on the sort of Walkman headset that goes over the top of
the ear and behind the neck. Is any thing like this available?
            Is using one of these sorts of headset in conjunction with one
standard Pilot one likely to cause compatibility problems?
            Many Thanks. Happy Easter all, Cheers, Paddy Clarke.