Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel restrictor info

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 fuel restrictor info
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:56:58

Michael Parkin wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> As they say 'Allo Allo'.  "Please listen I shall say this only once - there
> is NO restrictor in the return fuel line on a Europa/Rotax 914 installation"

We get that on cable in this small part of the States!  The show's a
riot, say-only-once Michelle is cool, and interestingly self-bashes
Brits more than the French.  Like "South Park" here with British reserve.

Anyway, due to variability of absolute fuel pressure, I did a circuit on
"breadboard" that differentially measures fuel pressure (rheostat type
sender) verses airbox pressure (electronic sensor, automotive part for
turbo cars).  It lights one of a strip of green, yellow, and red LEDs,
with flashing reds and aural alarm.  It works great, but most breadboard
kludge ideas do initially. :-)

Before I commit to printed circuit board and deal with temp
stabilization issues in final components, how does a simple fuel
pressure gauge behave on the the 914?  From the data in Rotax docs, for
most ranges of operation, the reading should be usable.  In full boost,
does the needle go a little wild?  What happens at high altitudes?

Best,
Fred F.