Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 19 Msgs - 04/16/03

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 19 Msgs - 04/16/03
From: Graham Singleton <graham@gflight.f9.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:57:33

>Hello R.C. Harrison
>
>You are saying a clogged restrictor will make things go quiet.
>
>Is this caused by flooding due to the fuel pump/pumps overpowering the needle
>valve, or is it due to vapor lock?
>
>Thx.
>Ron Parigoris

Ron,
It won't go quiet. Unless of course the carbs clog up too. If muck gets
this far downstream maybe they will. The 914 does not and cannot have a
restrictor, it's a fuel injection system with a pressure regulator. If
there is any restriction in the return line of a 914 it can overpower the
regulator and cause flooding, I think. Can anyone confirm this?
Graham

---