Re: Europa-List: RS-232 Connections.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RS-232 Connections.
From: europa@nimbus.geog.ox.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:35:03

<Mikenjulie.Parkin@btopenworld.com>

> Here is a question for the electronics boffins.
>
> I have a smart coupler which uses the RS232 output from my Skymap 3c to
provide +L/+R steering to the wing leveller.  I am about to fit a Fuel Flow
meter which also requires RS232 data from the GPS.  Is it acceptable to
connect both 'listening' devices directly to the GPS output or must I have a
switch to redirect the data, or is there another way of connecting both
devices to the GPS.

You shouldn't have any problems linking just the Tx from the Skymap to the
Rx on the other two devices.  You will have problems if any hand-shaking is
needed though.

Cheers,
Mark.