RE: Europa-List: Andair Mini on 914???

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Andair Mini on 914???
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:52:50

Hi! Tony.
Theoretically Dave is very right to have two since if the main side (PORT)
of the tank has blocked an Andair then the reserve (Starboard) side will be
blocked soon after, since any water/crap will drop to the bottom of the
reserve side tank immediately upon filling. It should be recognised that
regular fuel drain checks of considerable amounts, as well it might be an
idea to have about 10 minutes flight regularly on the reserve side tank. In
fact there's almost a case for using the PORT side for reserve if you could
ensure it would always be replenished. You could then be quite sure that
when "the donkey stops" due to a blocked filter then there's a good chance
the port side will allow you maximum emergency time. However don't shoot the
messenger to coin Ferg's phrase !
regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG