Re: Europa-List: Fuel sight guages

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel sight guages
From: Paul Stewart <pauld.stewart@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:49:00

---From what I remember of a previous discussion around fuel guages, there was
talk of a PFA requirement to have 2 seperate methods of verifying tank
contents. As part of modifying the fuel system to be aluminium tube and AN
standard fittings throughout, I have tried to keep 'plastic' tubes of fuel
and jubilee clips out of the cockpit. Indeed many of the sight guages I've
seen at Cranfield appear to be so clouded as to be difficult to read.

I have gone with the Avlec capacitance fuel guage which does require the
installation of an aluminium plate in the tank top. This has conveniently
given me a place to put a 1/2" BSP threaded hole and plug so that I can
visually verify the tank contents and 'dip' it as per Cessna etc. as part of
pre flight.  Pics available if anyone wants.

Regards

Paul Stewart #432