Re: Europa-List: Cranked Control Column Orientation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cranked Control Column Orientation
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:26:05

Hi Tony,

My sticks are one piece bent tubes rather than the earlier welded
version. I do not think that makes any difference. Anyway, my sticks are
installed with the longer of the sections down. It works fine for me.

However, do not make the mistake I made which was to install the sticks
symmetrically with the axis of the crank parallel to the centerline.
Later when I sat in the cockpit, I found that I had less travel to the
left than to the right due to the stick hitting my left leg. I then had
to rebolt the stick with an anti-clockwise twist of about 25 - 30
degrees to get equal travel. The passenger stick needs twist in the
other direction of course.

Cheers, John

Mono XS, N262WF