Re: Europa-List: Night and Day Rotax notes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Night and Day Rotax notes
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:50:24

Ron

In one of your posting to the forum, you stated you were told that the 914 can
be hand propped!!!!!!! You were told wrong...As Rob Houseman stated in his memo
to you, the manual stated 1200 RPM before it will start. It seems to me the
manual said 300 RPM but I will check my maintenance manual next few days, I
could be wrong!!

The 914 requires Denso plugs, not NGK's. The new manual may say differently.

I run auto gas in my 914 and I routinely fly  at 17.500 ft and have not had any
problem with vapor lock, due to the excess fuel being recirculated back to the
tank.

The 914 has a TBO of 1000 hr.. this is correct if installed in certified
aircraft. i.e. Katanas, if installed in experimental there is no TBO.

Your list has some good information in it, but it also has some personal
opinions  from some of the people you have talked to that goes counter to what
Rotex recommends in their manuals.

Keep asking questions!!!! That's how you get answers.

Regards

Jim Brown