Re: Jacking the airplane

Subject: Re: Jacking the airplane
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:26:17
Hi Dave,

We jack ours up with a hydralic floor jack under the main gear leg (using a
wedge shaped jacking block described recently) and place blocks under the wings,
centered on the spars, just a couple of inches out from the fuselage. We place
thin piece of blue foam on top of the wood + concrete blocks to prevent damage
to the wing paint. Before jacking we remove the tail planes and set the tail
plane torque tubes on saw horses to more or less level the plane in pitch, then
tie the tail wheel spring to a weight to keep the tail from coming up. This
allows retracting the gear, etc.

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD