Re: Size of standard warp-drive prop for mono?

Subject: Re: Size of standard warp-drive prop for mono?
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:45:42
Thanks Klaus,

I'm confused.... 158cm ~ = 62 inches. I thought the whirlwind prop was
smaller then the Airmaster with warp-drive blades, but according to the
whirlwind website they list their diameter @ 66".  Also, their website
lists the two-blade Rotax prop as "currently discontinued"
http://whirlwindpropellers.com/html/aviation/aviation_100_series.shtml

Too bad. I appeared to be a good prop for the short-wing.

Adding to my confusion about prop diameters, the most efficient diameter
prop for the Rotax would be around 80". If the prop diameters are indeed
less than 70" then the high Jabiru RPM of 3300 would actually be quite
usable.

What is the largest prop that is practically usable when one takes
ground clearance into consideration?

Cheers & thanks,
Pete