Re: Tri-gear landing behaviour question

Subject: Re: Tri-gear landing behaviour question
From: Mark Waite <Mark@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:41:17
Peter,
The Tri-gear has no rebound damping in the nose-leg but this does not mean you
will experience anything other than a very smooth landing. The all flying
elevator
gives plenty of control authority and enables the nose-wheel to be held off
until almost at walking speed. Anyone can 'grease' it (almost!) every time
- just fly it like a tail-dragger and not a spam can.
Regards

Mark A.Waite
Europa Management International Limited
www.europa-aircraft.com

>>> "Peter Zutrauen" <peterz@zutrasoft.com> 12/11/02 15:28:42 >>>
Although  I'm planning on building a mono, I have a friend who is
getting ready for his tri-gear maiden flight (using an experienced
relatively local Europa flyer as the test pilot).  He had heard that the
Tri-gear has a 'bouncy nose wheel' when compared to other type of
aircraft.

I was wondering if this was true, and if so, what special techniques are
used when landing (besides holding it off as one would want to do
anyway).

Cheers and thanks,

Pete