Re: rudder cables

Subject: Re: rudder cables
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 15:28:41
In a message dated 5/27/02 9:38:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
raimo.toivio@rwm-systems.fi writes:

> > Can I please have your comments
> > about rudder cables via traditional pulleys
> > or nylon tubes?

Hi,
The way I did it....using nylon (polyflow) tubing(1/8" I.D. I believe) I
sheathed the cables from the area just aft of the rudder pedal cranks all the
way past the baggage compartment. they are clamped at the tufnol blocks in
the wheel well and with adel (rubber cushioned) clamps at the aft corner of
the baggage wells. You of course have to interupt the tubing on each side of
the pulleys in the cockpit module. I would advice not bonding on the rubbing
blocks by the engine/gear mount until you are satisfied the wheel or brake
caliper is not going to hit the cables. I had to raise my port cable to clear
the caliper and now have to move the rubbing block up some. I would put
adjusters somewhere just clear of the "D" opening. I don't think two layers
of tubing is necessary IMHO of course.
Good Luck.
Troy