Re: List Support Site

Subject: Re: List Support Site
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:34:04
Paul;

I have the Airmaster C/S prop on our 914 powered XS. We have accumulated approx.
300 hours on this prop,  since changing from  the old fixed pitch warp drive
hub and blades.

I have on occasion e-mailed Airmaster concerning a maintenance question or
asking
for replacement brushes for the pitch change motor. I have always received
a reply from them the next business day. I can't say enough good things about
their product and service after the sale.

We recently  flew a cross country from Florida to Western North Carolina. at
17.500
ft, testing an intercooler we had installed. We had a true A/S of 202mph.
at that altitude, using the stock warp drive blades that is part of the
Airmaster
package. For all around use, I feel this product meets my needs.  However
I also think that wider blades " may improve " the high altitude performance
of this package.

John Hurst and I, have had several discussions on a wider blade for altitude
work,
and we hope that sometime in the future we get to see if our theory is
right!!!!!!

Paul Boulet wrote:

>  The prop sounds good but according to John Hurst in the Lakeland, Florida
> office
the comparison is done against an old NSI hub that was NOT constant speed
prop.  The new Airmaster is and solves the problem of constant readjustments.
John admits that on the 914 the Scimitar prop blades would do a better job at
altitude of grabbing a bite of thin air than the thinner Warp drive blades.
I also understand from John that Airmaster is exploring getting wider Scimitar
type blades soon.  The two adjustable props are within $200-$300 of each other
so price is a non-issue.  In the US here I don't know of anyone flying with
the Rospeller/Propcon combination so getting service when you need it might be
a concern.  Finally, I sent email to Rospeller 3 days ago to inquire about a
purchase and haven't heard back from them yet.... also not a good sign.
> As I'm close to ordering my engine/prop/firewall forward kit I'd appreciate
> any
comments.  thanks!
> Paul Boulet, A212, Malibu, California
>   John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: Barry Wrenford has
> written
an article about the Rospeller VP prop and the