Re: Licence and Log books

Subject: Re: Licence and Log books
From: Europa Club Membership Secretary <europaclub@rowil.clara.net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 22:41:11

>I was wondering if I should copy part of my log books for filling
>and safe keeping

Kevin - I duplicate all my log entries in a FileMaker Pro (natch!)
database file. It took a while to get them all in there in the first
place, but it's simple to keep up now. It also allows me to analyse
the information in ways that a paper log could not. How impressed the
CAA would be by it, I have no idea, but it gives me some comfort (and
yes, I do backup daily!). I constructed my own system, based on the
columns in a CAA CAP407 logbook, and you could do much the same in
any database manager application with little effort. If you are using
FileMaker, you're welcome to a copy of my file. You could just enter
the last page or two for now, and perhaps add older pages as time
permits. I believe that Jeppeson (or someone else) is now producing
an electronic log book (for windoze only) that is accepted by the FAA
as a valid record.

regards

Rowland