Drag cross brace and so forth

Subject: Drag cross brace and so forth
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:41:49
Cheers,
            I am much in tune with rigid front and woblly aft right now as
have the fuselage with cockpit (thanks to flying visit of fellow builders
Chris Staines and David Miller) hanging in four 3/8inch bolts. I also have
the Cuck Popenoe cage I used earlier.
            With the hanging bolts I suddenly discovered really stiff pitch
and then lifted the tail about four inches to find ease again. For some
reason (bent canoe I guess), then drooping rear ran the stab rod out of
horizontal and the pitch freezes. In order to set the pitch trim motor
linkage correctly I'm going to have to get my tail up - I mean use the Pops
machine.
            Thank you, Chuck.
Ferg
A064 waiting for Wilksch details