Re: Separate Flaps (was Re: : Mono wheel vs.

Subject: Re: Separate Flaps (was Re: : Mono wheel vs.
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:53:08
 <004101c1f92b$54ba73e0$171c073e@theparkins>
 <004101c1f9cd$553da600$6401a8c0@sympatico.ca>
 <4.3.2.7.2.20020512225831.00d2ece0@post.aviators.net>

>Personally, I believe a VP prop is essential to obtain a maximum
>performance take off. After all, you wouldn't try to pull away from
>stationary in a car using 3rd gear would you?
>
>Mark

Mark,
I could not agree more. I was lucky to be given a ride in Peter Kember's
"First of the Many" Europa Classic last Saturday. Lovely day, lovely place,
(Derbyshire) and lovely aeroplane. 912S with VP prop, which had recently
been dynamically balanced. The ride was smooth, quite and relaxed. Just
what I always wanted from an airplane.
Take off from the short farm strip was quick, positive and easy. Peter did
that and the landing of course, my medical is not current.
Graham