Re: C of G position

Subject: Re: C of G position
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:03:19
Hi! David
No Opinions from me ... not qualified.... but I have the weight and balance
documents as produced by Andy Draper at the factory for G-PTAG and it shows
MAx FWD C.G. 58.0" Max Aft C.G. 62.5 "
So I reckon that your C of G would be better with my 1lb of my Torque Tube
Drive Clamp mod. being of more constructive use than your 3lb of lead !!!
It would seem to me to be most desirable to have it midway between Max. and
Min. but full of fuel or empty needs to stay within the range.
G-PTAG published figures are ...APS  Weight 933.04 Arm Inches 59.22 Moment
55257.19
                  FWD C of G ...Total   "  1370.04  "     "   58.34 Moment
79929.19
                        AFT C of G ...Total   "  1194.04  "     "   62.50    "
 74633.19
Own Design 9 Gallon LR Tank Empty Total  "  941.04  "     "   59.44    "
55933.19
I'm now bracing myself for some smart arse to tell me different! but at
least you have some more figures to chew!!!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG