Measuring washout on flaps

Subject: Measuring washout on flaps
From: Miles Simon <Simon.Miles@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:29:32

I am just in the process of starting the first layup of the flaps of my
Europa. I've have achieved the required 1.4 degrees washout but I'm not sure
if I've acheived a positive or negative washout!

When I measure the angle of the flap at the root end with my digital level
it measures 6.5 degrees and the tip end measures 7.9 degrees. These
measurements are taken with the flap'upside down' that is, the flat side of
the flap is facing upwards and resting in the upper jig.

Before I start the layup could someone confirm I have 'washed out'
correctly!

Simon Miles.