Persan Beaumont Fly-in

Subject: Persan Beaumont Fly-in
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:19:05
It looks like this coming weekend will have some favourable flying weather
(certainly
on Sunday) so the Persan Beaumont fly-in could be a good way of spending
some time around Europas.

Persan Beaumont is located just North of Paris (N49 10.0 E002 18.8) and under
the
Paris TMA. If arriving from the North you will have to talk to Beauvais first
(APP 119.9 / 121.4 TWR 121.4 / 119.9) They will be able to tell you if Creil
AB is operational. If it is you will have to go into Persan under 1200 ft. but
if it is not you can go in up to 2500 ft. From the East you can talk to Pontoise
(APP 118.8 / 121.2 / 119.7 TWR 121.2 / 118.8 / 119.7) for the same information.

Camping is allowed on the field on Saturday night or transport can be arranged
to a local hotel. Also a barbecue will be running for the Saturday night.

If enough are interested while we are there, a round trip will be arranged to a
couple of small local airfields (just to keep your hand in of course).

Anyone flying in from countries other than France will have to clear customs
first
at a customs airfield, the same applies on the trip home.

Weather permitting I will be leaving from Laddingford mid to late Saturday
morning,
camping at Persan overnight and returning mid to late Sunday afternoon.

We had an impromtu Europa gathering at Persan Beaumont a couple of weeks ago and
16 Europas turned up, so lets hope for a really good turnout this weekend.

Dave Watts.