Re: Oil Tank

Subject: Re: Oil Tank
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:34:51
Hello Troy,
  classic 912 oil tanks are on the port side, probably because thats the side
the
oil cooler is installed too; hose is heavy ;-)   914's may be different.
  As an aside, I ran the oil tank breather pipe up to a 125ml plastic bottle
above
the pilots footwell and into it through the neck. With some small holes drilled
just below the neck, this vented the breather to ambient pressure, instead
of suction at the bottom of the engine compartment, and collected the small
amount of oil that does appear from the breather, instead of spreading it under
the fuselage.
chus,
dave
kit67