Re: Fw: First flight G-XSDJ, kit 402

Subject: Re: Fw: First flight G-XSDJ, kit 402
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 13:42:12
Hi! David/Sue.
Congratulations. On completion of the building ordeal now start to enjoy the
flying. David, if you have 3kg aft ballast you could invest in my tail plane
torque tube drive clamp mod. instead! I'm given to understand the PFA will
soon clear it subject to weight and balance verification on any specific
aircraft it is fitted.

Just back from Bryan Allsops Tour de France!  Deauville,(a spare local trip
to Jersey (EGJJ) also, La Rochelle, to Carcassonne with Ryanair for company!
(the only leg with good WX!),continuing to Montpellier where the rest of the
group felt it best to return the way we had arrived. We then spent two days
to get up the Rhone Valley (Not above 1500 ft !!! where a transit van passed
us with 125kts on the AIS and only 65 on the GPS !!!)A power station near
Montellimar pumps lots of steam out of it's cooling towers to add to the WX
via the "Mistralle wind" down the valley, which is designed to hide all the
cable crossings and masts ! Just for interested parties, there is a Notam
out for a "No FLY ZONE" over Lyon since Sept 11th. Which necessitates being
"on frequency and requesting permision " to overfly the Airfield and to the
East of the valley. Then a further two nights grounded due to WX before exit
to the north from the valley. Great Restauraunt de L'Aerodrome at
Chalon-sur-Saone (LFLH) (Harvey's , Kangaroo and home made chips and two
fried eggs on top for evening meal after a three course lunch, didn't do the
MTOW much good !!!! they really are "switched on " for presentation and
hospitality, but their web page is http://www.harveys-chalon-aerodrome.com )
B&B Motel 5 minute walk over the motorway bridge.)
Then taking off to "see how the WX looked to the North" and just sneeking
over the top via Dijon to Le Touquet dropping Ivor off at Biggin and back to
Wickenby for 1900 hours with not a bloody cloud in sight from Stanstead ATZ
to Wickenby!
 Many thanks to Bryan for being the instigator of the trip and also for
Ivor's invaluable input
to make my continental flights achievable.
 Best regards.
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG